Wheeled all-terrain vehicles (WATV) include most quads and all-terrain vehicles with handlebars that meet one of the following:
- Weigh 1500 lbs. or less
- Are 50 inches or less in width
- Have a seat height of 20 inches or more and
- Have 4 tires with a diameter of 30 inches or less
A utility-type vehicle designed for and capable of traveling over designated roads with
- 4 or more low-pressure tires of 20 psi or less
- Less than 74 inches in width
- Weigh less than 2000 lbs.
- Have a wheelbase of 110 inches or less and
- Have at least one of the following:
- A minimum width of 50 inches
- A minimum weight of 900 lbs.
- A wheelbase over 61 inches
If your ORV meets the requirements listed above,
- It is now considered a WATV and will be classified and registered as such,
- Receiving a metal tag (plate) for street use registration and an ORV tag (sticker) for off road use.
- The title will be issued (or reissued) for the street use registration and the ORV registration will be secondary with no title issued.
- Both registrations are to be maintained and are renewed in one process resulting in an updated registration tab each year to be placed on the metal street tag (plate).
Before the WATV can be titled and registered it must be fitted with all required street legal equipment and inspected, becoming “Modified for Road Use”. The inspection document will be turned in along with the original ORV title (or MSO if new and never titled) and reissued as a WATV title.
All renewals for the WATV are in person at this time due to the newness of the classification and fee adjustments needed. Do not process an online renewal as the fees will be incorrect and result in improper issue of the renewal tab.