Dual Use / Dual Sport
Dual use describes a vehicle that is used for on-road use as well as off-road use
To accomplish this the vehicle will maintain an off-road record as well as an on-road record; renewing registration for both records yearly.
- Only the on-road record will be issued a title if applicable.
- Dual use can apply to motorcycles, trucks, and jeeps among other things.
- If you have a motorcycle that is not eligible to be used on the road there are modifications that can be done to complete a process called “modified for road use”
- Once modifications are done the cycle will need to be inspected by a licensed dealer and then a new title must be processed as well as setting up an additional on road record.
- Both records must have licensing renewed yearly.
For more information you can you read through the following RCW’s