Quick titles are titles that are issued and processed at authorized licensing offices. Whitfield's Licensing can provide an official WA title the same day
Quick Titles are allowed in person at an approved agent and subagent office, by mail, to vehicles and vessels with a clear WA record, to new vehicles and vessels with an MSO/MCO, and to vehicles or vessels registered in Canada purchased by WA residents or dealers.
Quick Titles can only be mailed or given to owners of record or their documented legal representative. ie: (A notarized or certified letter of authority from the legal owner, or a POA.)
Quick Titles issued to insurance companies or for insurance companies withholding payoff to the customer must be done before the record has been flagged as totaled or wrecker destroyed.
Quick Titles may not be processed if:
- There is no WA record
- For snowmobiles because they do not have titles
- A vehicle is to be newly branded as salvage, rebuilt, etc.
- When a previous title application has yet not completed
- The title is to be bonded or 3yr registration only
Quick Title fees are $50.00 additional over normal titling fees. Fees are to be paid in cash or Debit.
To order a Quick Title by mail:
The following documents will need to be included with payment by money order or cashier’s check payable to D.O.L. http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms.html
- A letter of request signed and dated; indicating a request for a Quick Title, mailing address (even if current on record), phone number, and an overnight mail envelope if desired service
- Vehicle Certificate of Ownership (Title) Application; signed by all owners on current record and notarized, showing WA resident address and requested mailing address, WA driver license number(s), and phone numbers
- If the current record shows a Legal owner, it must be an electronic title lender and the Affidavit of Loss must be provided by the lender and say ‘electronic title’. The Quick Title will be mailed only to the legal owner
- Affidavit of Loss (Title); signed by all owners on current record and notarized
- This form may also be used to include loss of current tab/or plates for replacement at same time if needed
- $81.00 for Quick Title only (no plates, registration, or transfer of ownership) Any currently registered plate will remain in service
- If new registration/or new standard plates are to be included:
- Add new tab registration/or plates to the letter of request
- Include a fax number in letter of request so a transaction can be trial-run and the total may be faxed to insure proper payment amount